MedwynPharmacy, Medwyn Health Centre, Reigate Road Dorking, RH4 1SD Tel. 01306 740865
Our pharmacists and their staff are members of your local healthcare team.
They aim to provide you with the highest quality of healthcare. To do this they need to keep records about you, your health and the care we have provided or plan to provide to you.
We know that you value your privacy and the security of personal information held about you.
As part of providing a professional, safe and efficient service, there is certain information that we record. This includes details of drugs and appliances dispensed against NHS prescriptions as well as significant advice given, and referrals made to other health professionals and any other relevant information.
Information recorded may include:
- basic details about you, such as address, date of birth, next of kin;
- records of medicines you have been prescribed by your doctor or another qualified prescriber, and which have been supplied by this pharmacy;
- details of medicines purchased from the pharmacy without a prescription (“over the counter medicines”);
- other details and notes about your health and medical treatment;
- information relevant to your continued care from other people who care for you
and know you well, such as other health professionals and relatives; and
- any other services we provide to you, for example, a flu vaccination.
We process your personal data, which includes
information from your prescriptions and any other pharmacy and health care services we provide to you (including medicines use reviews, flu vaccinations, stop smoking services etc.) for the purposes of:
- Your care– providing pharmacy services and care to you and, as appropriate, sharing your information with your GP and others in the wider NHS;
- Our payments– sharing your information with the NHS Business Services Authority, others in the wider NHS, and sometimes Local Authorities, and only limited information to those external to the NHS who negotiate and check the accuracy of our payments; and,
- Management– sharing only limited information with the NHS Business Services Authority and others in the wider NHS, and sometimes Local Authorities; as well as those external to the NHS who ensure we maintain appropriate professional and service standards and that your declarations and ours are accurate.
We hold your information for as long as advised by the NHS.
We process your personal data in the performance of a task in the public interest for the provision of healthcare and treatment. A pharmacist is responsible for the confidentiality of your information.
- You have the right to confidentiality under the General Data Protection Regulation and [the Data Protection Act 2018] and the common law duty of confidence.
- We also comply with the NHS Code of Practice on Confidential Information and pharmacists have a requirement under their professional standards to keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate.
- All of our staff contracts of employment contain a requirement to keep patient information confidential.
You may choose to opt out of the NHS using your data for planning and research purposes – please ask for details.
Our guiding principle is that we process your records in strict confidence.
Your right to view your health record
- You have the right to ask for a copy of all pharmacy records about you (generally in paper or electronic form).
- Generally, there will be no charge for a printed copy of the information we hold about you. We are required to respond to your request within one month.
- You will need to give adequate information in order for pharmacy staff to identify you (for example, full name, address and date of birth). You will be required to provide ID, for example a passport, full driving licence or credit/debit card before any information is released to you.
- If you think any information we hold on you is inaccurate or incorrect, please let us know.
- You may object to us holding your information.
- You may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Our Data Protection Officer isTouseef Mohammedcontactable on 01306 740865